Saturday, March 23, 2013

Earlier This Month....

Due to life being as predictable as it can be with a baby (HA!), I didn't get this blog started when I originally had planned, which would have been on the day Carly turned 6 months old. I'm not sure why I even try to plan out such things, when I should be thrilled when I get a chance to take a shower and actually get to blow. dry. my. hair! I have embraced the air dryed hair look for the last 6 months and I have to say....it's inspired me to get a hair cut! Not diggin' the flat & lifeless hair look anymore. Let's hope I have a new 'do here in the next few weeks!
Anyways! I wanted to share some of the cuteness that has happened earlier this month before the month comes to an end!
ALL attitude here...
I LOVE her little fuzzy head and it's amazing how light her hair is coming in, considering both my husband and I have dark hair!
She was just so stinkin' cute in her teal dress, that I had to wear a teal top to match my mini me :) This was the day we traveled to visit family and to find out that Carly's first cousin is going to be... a girl! Yay! We are SO excited!!
Carly is such a big girl now, she can ride in a cart! She slumps over and slides down, but she is getting better each time! She definitely prefers this to being in the stroller and I think likes it even better than the Bjorn! She loves looking around at everything and melting the hearts of those she passes with the sweetest smile you've ever seen (I am trying so hard to capture it on camera!) Little stinker always stops what she is doing and just stares whenever I get the camera out.
 This month Carly has been sitting up so well unassisted! She has been getting so much enjoyment out of this crawl ball that our neighbor let us borrow (thanks Jyl!).
Look at those baby blues! They seem to get brighter every day, so we are thinking she might be keeping her Daddy's eyes!
This month's menu consisted of a few new tasty (and not so tasty) items!
The first new flavor of the month was yellow squash! She didn't mind it, but didn't seem to interest her as much as zucchini. We tried peas....which didn't go over so well. So then we tried mixing peas with sweet potato...not a winner (it was an awful color so I don't blame her!). Then I tried mixing the peas with avocado and she liked it! Next we tried banana and oh man...we hit the jackpot! She literally goes wild over banana! The picture below is my attempt of getting a picture of her while eating banana, and as you can see she just does not hold still! She waits with her mouth open after each bite, wanting more! So now, we do banana in the morning and a veggie in the evening. I have found banana and avocado to be two of my favorites to feed her because I eat avocado every day practically, so it's quick and simple to puree up the rest of avocado for her! I do the same with banana in the morning. I love giving her fresh food and it also gives us more of a feeling of eating as a family if we are eating the same thing :)

"Put that camera down Mama and give me more banana!"

1 comment:

  1. Cute cute cute! And that look on Carly's face in the first picture will only get more perfected over time :) Haha!

    ReplyDelete