Saturday, June 29, 2013

Toddles & Kisses

Okay, so don't be upset...but I've totally been holding out in you all....Carly is walking!!! Well, toddling for about 3 feet then plopping down. She took her first steps on June 8th, she was 9 months & 1 week old that day...and decided it was the time to take the plunge! She is now officially my little toddler! (*tear) I love watching her toddle around because she is SO happy, I mean, THRILLED. Carly was born ready to walk and I knew it was only a matter of time before she was taking those first steps. She was standing on our laps at 3 1/2 months...yea, our newborn phase was short-lived.
The reason I haven't blogged about her walking yet was only because I was hoping to get a good picture of her in action but she is so quick they all come out blurry (I've only tried with my iPhone camera). So, after a few weeks of no luck, I decided I needed to spill the beans-photo or not! 
That's about as good as the photos get!

She is also kissing now...oh my gosh she just melts me! I'm totally addicted to asking her for kisses now! We say, "Carly can I have a kiss?" while tapping our lips and she leans in, mouth open, and kisses us. It's just the sweetest thing in the whole world. 
Aaaaand she even tries to kiss Duke :) such a good boy, so tolerante. 
Her coordination with self feeding has gotten better & better! So most of her meals are finger foods which is a total mess, but the dogs love her even more now! 
"Wait! Did you just take my picture?! I'm a mess Mama!"

Her new favorite food: CHEESE. Lots and lots of CHEESE. Cubes of gold.
Her finger foods currently consist of about a 1/4 cup of any of the following, usually 3 served at each lunch & dinner: 

Cheddar cheese cubes
Mango chunks
Avocado chunks 
Peas
Banana chunks
Yellow squash chunks, steamed
Cooked pasta noodles (elbow)
Cheerios
Steamed carrot pieces
Watermelon
Garbanzo beans (cut in half)
And the occasional French fry when we eat out....she goes kind of crazy for a fry so we keep that to a minimum haha!
Crazy for the fries....
She isn't super picky, but she likes what she likes and rather than battling every meal with something new, I stick to her favorites while she is in this new self feeding phase. I'm also not super concerned about trying foods that my husband and I don't normally eat, because I don't really see the point. 
She is also becoming a sippy cup pro! Check out that hair....(real reason for the picture).

Sorry for the blogging delay! I hope everyone is enjoying the summer!











No comments:

Post a Comment