Friday, August 23, 2013

Summer Fun!

Yes, I know it's been a month since my last post...and I don't really have much of an excuse unfortunately. Being a mom and life coordinator for a family definitely keeps me busy! But that's not a complaint, just a reason :) Of course that doesn't mean it's all rainbows and smiles, any mom knows that, but lets just focus on the point here- I finally have a quick moment to blog! When I set out to start this blog I made a promise (sort of..) to blog once a week. I need to hold to that, not only because I like to think you all really want to see what's going every week, but also for me. This blog can be my escape when I need it, my moment of silence amongst the tantrums, and the journal to document the life that seems to be flying by! 
So far, our summer has been full of fun! I say so far because the weather here lends us another month or so of warm weather :) So much has happened in the last month, that this post would be a novel if I touched on each week, so here are some quick highlights worth sharing:
We repainted an old playhouse we got from a neighbor for Carly! Complete with a porch light (old Malibu light from the yard). 
Someone is officially a big girl in her new carseat! We purchased the Britax Boulevard 70-G3 and love it!
I've attempted some smoothie ice pops that were a hit! I used frozen mixed berries, blueberry greek yogurt, some baby oatmeal, and a pouch of Plum Organics Just Peaches. I froze the mixture in the Baby Bullet freezer tray, using her plastic baby spoons as the sticks.
John had his birthday and this special guy got a homemade Superman cake...did I ever mention how much he loves Superman?? He is a total Superman geek. It's really quite adorable.
We have had some fun times at the local splash pads with the girls :)
And always kept hydrated! 
Isn't that floral suit the cutest! It's from Janie & Jack- scored it on clearance!
We have had some beautiful park days...
...swinging on the swings..
...and going for walks :)
Celebrated our 2 year anniversary with a family picnic at the botanical gardens!
And then my birthday 3 days later :) 
Carly has started to hold out on her kisses...but I don't give up!
Dinners are messier than ever...and she has days when she is quite the picky eater...obviously not this particular meal!
Pasta with red sauce or cheese has been a go to meal around here- she loves it and I'm not going to question it!
...because it results in a solid 12+ hour sleep at night! Bring on the pasta baby!

Overall, the last 4 weeks have been wonderful- complete with sunny days, birthdays, time spent with family & friends, and more fun than these pictures capture :)
However....life as a mom does have its moments...such as...
Screaming until I come out of the bathroom...
She no longer is wanting to ride in her stroller because she wants to walk...
She is getting into EVERYTHING...
Oh and...
...she pinches now. Fabulous. There's a first they don't tell you about!

Some upcoming excitement will include Carly's first birthday!!!! Along with the other 3 girls in my play date group :) 4 parties in 4 weeks!!! John also has vacation in September so we will be doing a little traveling :) I will give you a hint as to what Carly's birthday theme is...
To say this girl loves Mickey is an understatement!

Happy Friday Everyone! I hope you all have a fun weekend!! :)




1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, life around your household is never dull! Carly looks so cute in her little white hat and walking shoes! And thanks for the warning about the pinching - yikes!

    ReplyDelete