Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tomorrow She is One

One year ago today, I was five days past my due date...swollen and achy. John and I were so so anxious to know what we were having and felt like we just couldn't wait any longer. By this time I had just given up on trying to walk the baby out, none of these old wives tales were working....or were they?
I gave myself a manicure& pedicure (with the help of John- thanks honey!), and went to bed my normal huge self, heartburn and all! 
I was determined to have nice nails when I was in the hospital...because I cared about that sort of thing, haha! 
About 4 am that night/morning I woke up for my 1,000th time to use the restroom, only to discover I had "sprung a leak"!!! 
It was time :) Time to meet our little angel. Time to leave the house as two, and come home as three.

Dear Carly: 
What a year it has been my sweet girl...so many firsts, so many smiles :) 
As our day came to an end tonight, while I was rocking you to sleep on your 364th day....I teared up. Not because I was sad, but because it is amazing how blessed your Daddy and I have been to have you in our lives for a whole year. You have your good days and your bad, your many, many happy moments...and some not so happy ones, but not a single minute ever goes by that we don't love you more and more. You are our little peanut, our little bun-bun, our Carly Button. We love you sweetie, more today than yesterday, but not as much as we will tomorrow!
Tonight you fell asleep 11months, 31 days loved...
...and tomorrow you will wake up ONE whole year loved! 
Love,
Mama & Dada

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post; it made me teary eyed! Love love love you Carly! Happy Birthday to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randomly found your blog! Our daughters are close in age ... Congrats on one year!!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Se is so sweet!
    And...your nails looked great! :)

    Mamaplusmini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete