Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Great Outdoors

We had such a fun weekend, spending lots of time outdoors playing in the sunshine! My sister came to visit for the weekend and Carly was just all smiles! Getting loved on by Auntie J is definitely one of her all time favorite activities. We spent some time playing in our backyard as I had dinner cooking all day in the crock pot...*sigh* of relaxation. Carly showed off her new tricks of making the "motorboat" noise as you flick your fingers on her lips and sitting up on her own! "Such a big girl!" is all my sister could say all weekend. Really, where has the time gone? It's hard to be sad about it when she gives me big smiles like this though....
 

 Carly and Kiya have become pals and I can for see their relationship becoming quite adorable.
 A girl and her nugget.
 Too sweet!
Dinner Saturday night was the first attempt at a freezer crock pot meal, and I must say it did come out pretty good! I used this recipe for Chicken & Dumplings, although I used one can cream of chicken soup and one can cheddar cheese soup. I also did not stir the biscuits into the crock pot- my husband isn't wild about dumplings so I just baked them separate.

 On Sunday, I put together some quick sandwiches and we took a picnic over to one of the local parks where we enjoyed the afternoon having girl chat (and baby babbles) while people watching. There really isn't anything better than girl chat with your sister, but when you add sunshine and my beautiful, babbling daughter, the day just can't get any better.
 *Tip* Mason jars are a great way to transport drinks because the lid screws on nice and tight!
I haven't had any issues with leaking since using this method.
 My little diva was wearing her sunhat she got for Easter...if only I could keep sunglasses on her too!
 Carly got to see ducks and geese for the first time! There is just something so pure and innocent while watching your daughter take in something for the first time...
 ...even when she isn't quite sure what to think of the creatures.
"Coffee is not a beverage, it is a moment of pleasure."
 
The way we ended the weekend...night riding in the wagon. Don't let Kiya's face fool you, because although she was born with four fully functioning legs, she prefers not to use them.
"If baby gets a ride, so do I"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment