Monday, April 15, 2013

ABC Moms

I wanted to write a special post introducing you to my beloved mommy group! I just got to see them on Thursday and let me just say, the cuteness is just increasing week by week!
 There are four of us, all with baby girls no more than two weeks apart. We came up with the name ABC Moms from the names of our girls: Avery, Brooke, Carly & Claire! Too cute, I know.
 From the left: Brooke, Claire, Avery, & Carly
(4/11/13)
We became a group around the time the girls were 9-11 weeks old. I met Claire's mom, Megan, through our childbirth classes at the hospital, her and her husband sat next to my husband and I. We became instant friends once we realized that we were the only "normal" people in that class; lets just say that public classes draw an interesting crowd....and that is putting it nicely! Megan is one of the sweetest women I know and such a wonderful resource because she is a NICU nurse. Her husband and my husband also hit it off right away as well, so we naturally became great friends. Claire was born one week before Carly at the same hospital we delivered at!
 Megan and I bump-to-bump ~ 9 months pregnant
Stefanie and I on July 4th ~ 8 Months Pregnant
 

 Avery's dad and my husband work together so that's how I met and became friends with Avery's mom, Stefanie. Our friendship blossomed during the time we were pregnant (comparing all the fun, weird, awesome, and crazy things that come along with the pregnancy journey) which turned out to be perfect because our girls were born on the same day! Stefanie is probably definitely one of the funniest people I know so there is never a dull moment in our friendship which is why I love her so much. She is also my sister in cloth diapering! I met Brooke's mom, Jackie, through Stefanie and have been good friends ever since. Brooke was born a week after Carly so she is our youngest little peanut of the group. Jackie is so smart- she always knows the what's what if you have a question about anything from directions, to technology, the best places to eat, and the top trends! Together we are a perfect group and such amazing friends.
(11/1/12) Cramming into the elevator at the mall
(1/4/13)

We get together about every two weeks and have a blast comparing the latest stories (the good, bad, messy, and hilarious). Some of the outings we have are mall meet-ups where we stroll around, grab lunch, chat for hours, and always seem to find ourselves hanging out in the nursing room in Nordstrom. We will meet at each other's homes where we will do a potluck style lunch and chat while we let the girls play and roll around.
 (3/28/13)
(2/8/13)
Another thing we have been doing lately is going to the movies at one of the local theaters that hosts a "Bring Your Baby Matinees" on the first Tuesday of every month! It is so nice to be able to see movies but not have to worry about getting a sitter. For this special showing, the theater brings up the lights, keeps the sound lower, allows for stroller parking in the front of the theater, and makes sure it isn't too cold. No baby in that theater sits through the whole movie quietly, so it's not like a relaxing movie with the girlfriends- but it's the closest we can get for now so we love it!

At the movies! (4/2/13)
Now that the weather is nice I think we will be meeting up at parks for walks & lunch more often! It was so nice to play outside with the girls because we are getting to the age where the outdoors will start to interest them. For now their main concern is what toy the other is holding and trying to move around the best they can. Little Brooke is already crawling, while the other girls are just rolling around. I think our next outing planned is a mild hike with our BOB strollers which I am SO excited for! I just got my BOB this week so now we will be planning BOB adventures for play dates as well! Stay tuned for our next baby-venture!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment