Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lovely Day for a Ride!

The weather has been soooo beautiful lately, so much so that I decided it was time to give the wagon a whirl and see what Carly thought of it. Dusting off this wagon brought back some nostalgic feelings. Funny story about this wagon is, it was not purchased for Carly....or any other child for that matter. It was actually a gift to me when I was in college. Now you are wondering, what the heck? How lame were you in college? Well, I don't think I was lame, however I didn't have a car to use while I was away at school so that could make me either lame or the same as the other half of the college student population.  My room mate and I lived on campus, actually everyone lived on campus because it was a private college with a different (i.e. strict) take on dorm living policies. So, I actually asked for a wagon, for us to use to walk across the street to the conveniently located grocery store, so we could stock our dorm with all the essentials: Ramen Noodles, Easy Mac, Diet Dr. Pepper, coffee, quesadilla makings (my room mate had one of those awesome quesadilla makers!), Cheez-its, and that case of water that made the wagon SOOOO worth it. Never thought back then that I would see my beautiful baby daughter sitting in it one day :)
Look at that excited face! Okay, I actually got her to make that face....most of her ride in the wagon consisted of the face seen below.  
 Those cheeks! Those yummy, soft, chubby baby cheeks! I can't handle it!
 My husband clipped a beach towel to the front because Carly loves to kick A LOT when she is in her Bumbo seat. Brilliant man.
 Carly's outfit is all from Target: white ruffle onesie, pink stripe leggings, white eyelet sunhat. I discovered that if she is wearing a headband under her hat, the flower/bow will keep the hat up and off her eyes, the the flower adds some flair while being functional!
"You aren't expecting me to pull myself are you?"
 
I hope you are all having a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, Carly's poker face doesn't give much away. But she is studying the flowers! She must get that from me :D

    ReplyDelete