Thursday, April 11, 2013

"Was that a tooth?!"

Well big things are happening around here! Carly's first tooth has broken through! I discovered it when we were at Taco Tuesday with our friends (which isn't a party until Mama has her margarita and Carly flips my basket of tacos into my lap!) I asked for some fresh avocado so I could mash it up for Carly (my friend Jackie gave me this idea and it is brilliant). Avocado is so easy to mash up, no Baby Bullet necessary! I was finger feeding Carly when I felt something sharp in her mouth....I paused....gave her some more avocado...and "Holy cow!" I knew I felt a tooth! It literally broke through over night because just Monday afternoon I was feeling her gums and felt nothing.
On our way to Taco Tuesday, matching of course!
Carly's outfit: striped onesie from Target, black leggings from BabyGap.
My Outfit: off the shoulder tunic (black) & daily legging (black) from Victorias Secret, hot pink tank from Walmart
 
I must say, my girl has taken her first teething experience in stride! Over the last week she has been more clingy than usual, not letting me leave the room at all without crying which has been quite the joy...."Mommy just needs to brush her teeth....Carly please....it's 3pm, Mommy needs to change out of her pajamas." My husband works nights, so he needs to sleep during the day, which makes her needy days even harder than normal days. Now, I don't consider myself super high maintenance, however, I draw the line at leaving the house with any of the following no matter how long it may take me to get ready: 1. teeth that aren't brushed 2. an outfit that consists of pajama pants or my husbands t-shirt 3. raccoon eyes from yesterdays mascara. The only other symptom that Carly has had this last week is waking up around 3am every night, which isn't normal. She has been sleeping for an average of 9 hours a night so this came as a surprise (well....not like life with a baby is predictable, but you know what I mean). Other than that, we had no idea that she was about to get a tooth!

My little teething beauty
She LOVES naked time in the late afternoon! I'm telling you, she is going to be a little Naked Nancy come summer time...just you wait! If it was up to her, she would never wear a diaper.
 
 
After a long night, my little angel slept in until 11am on Saturday, which gave Mommy time to shower by herself(!!!), blow dry her hair (!!!), and get ready before she woke up! Such a gift.
Saturday we enjoyed a sunny afternoon shopping at the outdoor mall with our friends

I just want to nibble those toes! She crosses her feet in the stroller now...cutest thing ever.
 
Another sunny warm day, so we took a family stroll over to the grocery store to grab fixin's for dinner! I have been in the market for a new stroller so I'm hoping to be getting that soon! My advice to any new moms is to take your time and research all the major baby gear items before purchasing them. This Aprica stroller is fine, no problems or anything, but I wish it was designed a little better. I am looking into getting the Baby Jogger City Select! The selling points for me are: the way it folds, the variety of seat positions, the sturdy build, and the option for adding a second seat for baby #2 in the future. We went to Buy Buy Baby so I could check it out in person and I was very impressed. I'm going to do a little bit more research on it to make absolutely sure it's the one that I want, then I plan on selling this one on Craigslist :)
 
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!
 
 

1 comment: