Saturday, April 27, 2013

One Fine Day

This week has been quite productive around here, with spring cleaning in full swing! I am notorious for changing things around and redecorating...so spring cleaning this year is more than just sweeping up dust bunnies and  going through our closets! I have plans to get rid of few pieces of furniture to make room for both new pieces I have my eye on and other pieces we have around here that I would like to put to better use. We are also redoing our office and turning it into a playroom for Carly because her toy collection is over taking our living room! I know she is still too young to go and play in a playroom by herself, but for now it will serve as a room to store all her toys, jumper, play mat, walker, .....and everything else that will come along! I have all sorts of ideas and love thinking about all the possibilities! I am still working on the finishing touches of Carly's room, we have a dining table I picked up at Goodwill that we will be repainting, John wants to clean out the garage, and most important of all- we need to start baby proofing because Carly is so close to crawling! I know...we have a lot going on!
With so much going on, it was nice to spend one of the days this week just enjoying the company of one another and the beautiful weather :) We started out by waking up early and going to breakfast! This was such a blessing for me because my husband is on a graveyard work schedule, so even on his days off he is programed to stay up later and sleep in late because that is the only way he will survive the work week. So the fact that he woke up early (before 10!) and we all went to breakfast, was truly a gift.

Carly got to enjoy her first ride in her new set of wheels! Yes! I got a new stroller...and I finally made my decision: Baby Jogger City Mini! I have been researching strollers pretty much since she was born and especially in the last two months because she is getting too big to sit in her car seat in the stroller. So it was time to dump the travel system and move on to a lighter, more compact (and stylish!) way of life! I LOVE THIS STROLLER. More on it later :)

 Carly loves the belly bar accessory we bought for the stroller!
 After we finished breakfast we walked around the outdoor mall and I found this fluffy white rug...and just had to do a quick photo session. Carly wasn't all together thrilled...."Mom, seriously, you are embarrassing me."
 Later, we went to Lowe's to check out some supplies for our projects and Carly was just so content in her new stroller :)
After a wonderful day, we ended with a fun night enjoying Taco Tuesday with our friends...but before we left I just had to get a picture of Carly's outfit! These jeans (which I got on clearance) and woven eyelet top from BabyGap are still a little too big on her, but I just couldn't wait any longer! Besides, it won't be long before she fills them out (hopefully!).

No comments:

Post a Comment